Having reliable air conditioning once the warmer weather hits is important. You and your family want to stay comfortable, and your air conditioning system is a key factor in that comfort. Of course, the best way to keep your AC running smoothly is by making sure it gets the annual maintenance it needs. But, even the best systems may need repairs from time to time.
Unfortunately, many homeowners only realize that something is wrong with their air conditioning system when it breaks down completely. However, there are some telltale signs that indicate your AC is headed for a breakdown. By recognizing these signs, and acting right away, you may be able to prevent an extremely costly repair or system replacement.
Five Signs that You May Need AC Repair for Your Home
Like any other complex machine, your air conditioning system has a lot of moving parts, and they all need to be in good working order to keep your system running smoothly. Even if one small part isn’t working properly, it can affect the entire system. If you’re noticing the following concerns, it’s important that you schedule an appointment with your HVAC contractor as soon as possible.
- You’re noticing warm air coming out of your vents. If the air coming out of your vents isn’t comfortably cool, something is likely not working properly with your unit. There could be a problem with your compressor, or there may be a refrigerant leak.
- Your energy bills have been unusually high. If there’s no good reason for an increase in your energy bills, but you’ve been noticing them getting higher, it could be that your air conditioning system isn’t operating as efficiently as it should be. The good news is, it could be as simple as a filter change and system cleaning. Your HVAC professional will be able to troubleshoot and get your system the tune-up or repair needed.
- Your air conditioning system is making unusual noises. Of course, your AC makes some noise that’s a normal part of operation. But if you’re noticing squealing or grinding sounds, there could be a problem with the motor or fan that needs attention.
- There is a moldy odor that’s noticeable when your system is running. If you’re noticing a musty odor when your AC is operating, it could be that mold and mildew is growing on the inside of your system. While this won’t necessarily cause your system to break down, it will make your system less efficient and cause discomfort. A good cleaning can help, and if it’s a persistent issue, ask your technician how UV lamps can help.
- Your home has been more humid than usual. Your air conditioner should help to remove moisture from the air. If you’re noticing that your home is very humid, even when your system is operating, there is likely an issue with your AC unit and you should call in a pro to check it out.
If you need AC repair, don’t hesitate – call Home Climates right away!
At Home Climates, we’re ready to help you get the air conditioning repair you need, as well as any other AC services, including maintenance and replacement system installation. We proudly offer central air, geothermal cooling, and ductless air conditioning. So, if it’s time to get a new air conditioning system for your home, we’re ready to help with that, too.
Just give us a call at 717.689.4151, and we’ll be happy to discuss your options with you and schedule an appointment.