Nobody wants to think about their furnace breaking down during the chilliest time of the year. Unfortunately, this is often when it happens. Many times, a furnace will show some signs before it breaks down completely, but it can be difficult to recognize them.
In this article, we’ll talk about some of those signs your furnace may give when it requires repair, and what may be causing the issue. And, we’ll tell you how Home Climates can help, so you and your family won’t be left in the cold. Keep reading below to learn more!
5 Signs Your Furnace May Be Headed for a Breakdown
It’s not always easy to know when to call for furnace repairs. Often, people wait until their furnace breaks down, which can result in expensive repairs or even replacement. Here are a few signs your furnace may give you before it breaks down completely:
- High Energy Bills: Nobody likes to think about the increase in their utility bills that running their furnace can bring. But, if you notice a significant increase in your energy consumption for no good reason, your furnace may be the cause. Furnaces that need repair often must work harder to heat the home, causing energy consumption to rise.
- Inconsistent Heating: If you notice that your furnace doesn’t seem to keep some rooms in your home as comfortable as others, there may be a problem with your system. It may be because of ductwork leaks or a faulty thermostat rather than the furnace itself, so it’s always best to have it checked out by a professional.
- Strange Noises: All heating systems make some noise during operation, but it shouldn’t be obtrusive. Noises like squealing, grinding, and banging can indicate that there is a component within your system, such as a fan, motor, or belt, that needs to be replaced.
- Frequent Thermostat Adjustment: Keeping your thermostat at a consistent temperature should sufficiently keep your home at a comfortable temperature. If you find that you frequently need to adjust the temperature to stay comfortable, there could be problems with your furnace or with the thermostat itself.
- Furnace Runs Constantly or Short-Cycles: A heating system that runs all the time, or shuts on and off frequently, is likely in need of service. Many factors can cause this to happen, from dirty filters to improper sizing of your system.
If your system is showing any of these signs, the best thing to do is call for professional furnace repair services from Home Climates.
How can Home Climates help me get the furnace repairs I need?
At Home Climates, we want you to feel as comfortable and as safe as possible in your home, no matter what the weather is like outside. We’re ready to help with any heating need you might have, from system maintenance or repair to the installation of a brand-new heating system for your home. If you need heating system services, just give us a call at 717.689.4151, and we’ll be happy to schedule an appointment with you.