Save up to $2000 on a Ductless Mini-Split
Disclaimer: Savings available with purchase and installation of select ductless systems only. Restrictions may apply. Ask dealers for details. Up to $2000 in federal tax credits available through the Inflation Reduction Act for those who qualify on select systems. Visit irs.gov for more information.
Ductless Air Conditioning & Heating in Elizabethtown & Central PA
These days, more homeowners in Elizabethtown and throughout Central Pennsylvania are choosing ductless heating and cooling systems. Ductless – also known as mini-split – systems make a convenient and efficient choice for anyone considering an upgrade to their home HVAC.
Because ductless heating and cooling systems have only recently emerged as a popular alternative to central heating and cooling, many consumers are unsure about how to choose a product that’s appropriate for their home. At Home Climates, we specialize in modern, affordable ductless and mini-split installations in Elizabethtown, PA and the surrounding area. We can help you choose the best unit for your budget.
Choose Home Climates For Mini-Split Installations
Finding a contractor who knows how to install ductless systems properly is no easy task. Offering service to Elizabethtown and beyond, Home Climates can provide fast and affordable ductless HVAC system installations. You can trust us for your next ductless HVAC installation because of our:
- HVAC parts and labor warranties: When you use our mini-split AC or heating installation services, we’ll help you save money on your project. Each installation we complete has the accountability of a comprehensive 10-year warranty on all parts and labor. If you need mini-split repairs, we also provide rebates on replacement parts.
- High-quality experience: At Home Climates, we offer heating and air conditioning brands that accommodate various budgets and temperature needs. We’re also committed to providing the best service for your mini-split AC or heating repairs.
- Excellent customer reputation: You can review our testimonials to find out what our previous clients have to say about our professional demeanor. We’ll fix or replace your mini-split unit in your home, even in an emergency.
Service, Repair & Support for Ductless Systems
Ductless HVAC systems also have lower maintenance requirements. When service is required, however, Home Climates will deliver professional work that respects your home, time and budget. We have technicians on call 24/7 for any emergency that comes up.
We also guarantee that your home will be left in as good or better condition than it was before we arrived whenever we complete a project in your living space. Find out more about ductless cooling and heating systems, and if they’re right for your home in the Elizabethtown, PA area, by contacting Home Climates.
Learn More About Mini-Split Systems
What Ductless Mini Splits Have To Offer
A ductless mini-split system can enhance your living space because they are:
- Easy to install: Ductless cooling and heating systems include a central outdoor compressor unit and indoor air components that fit any room where you need them. Instead of transferring air through ductwork, these handlers connect through a set of small tubes in the walls. This connection simplifies the installation process, saving you time and money.
- Energy-efficient: Ductless mini-split AC units are more energy-efficient than other types of heating and cooling systems. The ductwork from traditional central air tends to leak air, resulting in an energy loss of as much as 30%. Window and wall air conditioners use one- or two-speed compressors that go through a full cycle and waste electricity. On the other hand, mini-split air conditioners use variable speed compressors that adjust to accommodate the current weather conditions and the number set on the thermostat.
- Compact: A ductless AC installation takes up less space than obtrusive window units and complex central air conditioning systems. Since a mini-split only involves the two components — the indoor air handler and outdoor condenser or heat pump — it can discretely provide a comfortable temperature for your living space. One outdoor unit can also have enough capacity for four indoor air handlers.
- Convenient: Ductless heating and cooling systems also allow for more precise control over the temperature of your home, giving you the ability to shut off the system in less-frequently-used rooms or accommodate various family members’ temperature preferences.
- Clean and healthy: A ductless air conditioner improves the indoor air quality of your home to provide a healthier living environment for your family members who have allergies or other respiratory issues. The ductwork from traditional central air conditioning systems can trap dirt, debris and dust and send it through the rest of your house. Instead, a ductless mini-split unit includes a multi-layer filtration that reduces the pollutants in the atmosphere.
- Easy to maintain: Since the ductless air conditioner consists of a small number of components, it’s much easier to care for than a traditional central air unit. To prolong the lifespan of your mini-split, clean the filters and keep the wall and compressor units clear from debris to maintain airflow. Instead of having to wipe ductwork or seal leaks from registers like you would do with central AC units, you can easily take care of the two parts of a ductless mini-split system.
To summarize, ductless cooling and heating systems consist of a main compressor unit that is installed outside the home as well as a series of indoor air handlers. Rather than using your home’s ducts, these air handlers are connected via a small conduit that runs through your walls. This simplifies the installation process and reduces the amount of energy loss in your home HVAC system by as much as 30%.
Ductless heating and cooling systems also allow for more precise control over the temperature of your home, giving you the ability to shut off rooms that are less-frequently used or accommodate the temperature preferences of various family members.
Ductless Mini-Split Resources
You can use ductless mini splits just about anywhere in your home or office, including:
- Living rooms.
- Finished attics.
- New home additions.
Ductless air conditioning does require regular maintenance, the same as central air conditioning, and for many of the same reasons. While mini splits lack ducts where dust can build up, they are also impacted by some of the same issues that lead to problems with central air conditioning. Regularly cleaning and lubricating parts ensures they continue to work for the long term and won't break down when you least expect it.
Frequent maintenance can head off a potential issue before it develops into something bigger. And cleaning out the system will make it work better. We recommend getting preventive care for your ductless AC at least once a year. You should have it done in the spring before temperatures soar and you begin using your air conditioning heavily.