Heating and A/C System Tune-Ups on the West Shore, PA
If you’re like most residents on the West Shore, PA, the heating and cooling system in your home is used frequently. Whether it’s an air conditioner, furnace, heat pump, or anything else, it has many parts which wear out over time. That’s why all HVAC equipment requires regular maintenance to prevent problems. At Home Climates, we can help ensure your home on the West Shore stays comfortable year-round. So whether you are looking for an air conditioner tune-up in the spring or furnace tune-up in the fall, our HVAC system maintenance offers you peace of mind.
Regular preventative maintenance prolongs your equipment life, ensures your system runs efficiently and saves energy costs. With our HVAC maintenance plans, you’ll receive courteous, professional, and dependable service with replacement filters and a reminder call each season from an HVAC company that has over 1,000 perfect reviews! We service the entire West Shore area, including Camp Hill, Lemoyne, Mechanicsburg, New Cumberland, Shiremanstown, Wormleysburg, and more.
Heating System Maintenance
You should schedule regular maintenance for your heating system once a year. For homes with asthma or other breathing issues, we may recommend more frequent appointments.
Home Climates is a trusted contractor who will perform your system maintenance and ensure that you get the best care possible. Customers appreciate how we explain what we’ve done and any issues we notice. The maintenance appointment is generally short. Your technician will take the time to compare the condition of your system to the previous year, keeping an eye out for anything that may have changed.
Our technicians focus on quality service when they visit your home. We prioritize customer care, and we want our visits to be as easy for you as possible. You can raise concerns about your heating system with our technician and get the answers you need. We will also help find ways to save you money in the long run.
Air Conditioning Maintenance
You should get your AC system serviced once a year. AC maintenance focuses on minor improvements that can help your air conditioner run more efficiently. You will see improved airflow, which reduces how hard your system has to work and can help lower your energy bills.
Preventive maintenance also cuts down on your long-term worries. Serious issues can develop when the proper maintenance doesn’t occur. Conversely, when you identify and fix minor problems, they won’t develop into something worse.
For instance, when an AC fan is not lubricated correctly, the mechanical stress it creates can spark motors to burn out. Or, moisture from the evaporator coils may overflow if you fail to clear out the condensate pan. Technicians can recognize these signs of potential trouble and address them each time they visit your home for routine maintenance.
BENEFITS OF REGULAR HVAC MAINTENANCE
When you get regular HVAC maintenance, your system’s overall functionality will improve, and you will notice better comfort. In addition, professional maintenance can result in fewer loud noises and smells related to the HVAC system. Other advantages of heating and AC maintenance include:
- Extending your HVAC system’s life.
- Reducing the cost of monthly energy bills with a more efficient system.
- Saving money by fixing minor problems before they become more extensive and more expensive.
Our HVAC Maintenance Plans
|Discount on ALL Repairs||x||x|
|Annual Plumbing Inspection||x||x|
|5 year Parts and Labor Warranty on Repairs||x||x|
|Heating AND AC System Tune Up||x||x|
|Waived Service Fee||x||x|
|$500 Repair credit per incident ($2,000 annually)||x|
|$500 Rebate on a New System Replacement||x|
|12-Hour Guaranteed Service||x|
|$29.50 monthly||$16.50 monthly|
|Add on Features (for all plans):||5" Media Filter $60 (for 2 filters )
Humidifier - pad $60 (once a year)
Humidifier - steam $120 (once a year)
Dehumidifier $60 (once a year)
Additional Emerald plans add $8 monthly
Additional Diamond systems add $20 monthly
*Offer available to members of our Easy Care Club
What’s Included in a Preventive HVAC Maintenance Tune-Up?
This checklist provides a starting point for the tasks you should expect in most regular HVAC checkups. However, you may have specific concerns that extend beyond this list, or you may realize not every item below applies to you. The following items are the bare minimum our expert technicians will address when you schedule an HVAC tune-up on the West Shore, PA:
- Thermostat calibration: This task ensures your thermostat is working correctly and providing precise control over the temperature, as well as offering accurate temperature readings. The technicians will fix any issues they find with this system or else confirm the thermostat is working as it should be.
- Lubrication: HVAC systems consist of many moving parts, many of which frequently rub together as they cycle the air in and out of the system. This constant friction can lead the pieces to break down and wear out faster than they should. A little lubrication can go a long way toward helping these components achieve a longer lifespan.
- Controls check: This check ensures every control involved in the system works as it’s supposed to. For example, your technician will ensure the system stops, starts, and performs every other function as directed with no issues.
- Blower maintenance: If your blower is dirty, blocked, or misaligned, it will significantly reduce your unit’s efficiency. Any routine check should take the time to ensure this component is clean and free of any problems.
- Proper fuel line connections check: If you have a system that runs on oil, gas, or propane, this check makes sure every fuel line is connected properly, with absolutely no leaks. If the technicians uncover any problems, they will promptly fix them to ensure a healthy system for another year.
- Cleaning and replacing filters: No filter lasts forever. They naturally fill up with dust, dirt, and other contaminants, and therefore you will need to replace them regularly with new filters. Doing so should be part of any annual checkup.
- Cleaning intake and exhaust vents: Can the air get in and out of your HVAC system with no obstacles? If either the intake or exhaust vents are clogged or dirty, it will limit your system’s efficiency and effectiveness, as well as restrict its ability to keep your air clean. Always make sure to have these vents inspected during your annual maintenance.
- Clean accumulated dust and mold: Anything stationery that you don’t often handle will naturally collect dust over time. Make sure to clean this coating off your system every year to ensure the highest level of functioning. Check for mold as well, as this may limit your machine’s functionality while also indicating excessive dampness, which may be a sign of an underlying problem.
You should call heating and cooling professionals at least once a year to perform preventative HVAC maintenance that checks the items off this list, but don’t be afraid to stop there. If at any time you notice a strange sound, smell, or peculiarity in your system’s functioning, don’t hesitate to call before your next scheduled tune-up. Who knows what issues you might catch before they have the chance to develop into a more significant problem?
Choose Home Climates for Reliable HVAC Maintenance on the West Shore, PA
If it’s time for your home’s annual HVAC maintenance on the West Shore, contact Home Climates. Fill out this form or call us at 717-689-4151, and we’ll schedule you an appointment with one of our expert technicians. We service the entire West Shore area, including:
- New Cumberland
- Camp Hill
- …and more! View our complete list of service areas
Are you looking for other HVAC services on the West Shore?
We proudly offer a complete variety of heating, cooling, and plumbing services!